Saturday, November 28, 2009

Red Crayon

The day before Thanksgiving I was cleaning, doing laundry and packing in preparation for our trip to Michigan. On one of my laundry runs to the basement, I discovered that a RED CRAYON had found it's way into our dryer. Not what I wanted to see. I was pretty bummed out about it and was frantically spraying the clothes with oxy clean and throwing them into the washer to rewash them. Not everything got crayon on it, but a lot of stuff did, including some of Gavin's clothes. I was struggling to have a good attitude about it so I thought I'd go upstairs, tell Gavin and we would laugh about it together. It's no big deal. It's just clothes. Right? I started telling Gavin the story and was just waiting for him to start laughing. Instead, the kid burst into tears and was being super dramatic about it. Turns out, that was just what I needed! I was laughing so hard at him and I even broke out the video camera to document his drama. He was not too happy about it, but I couldn't resist. There is just something so funny about my big old five year old boy crying about red stains on his clothes. Most five year old's could care less! What a goober.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God is SO GOOD to give us breaking moments like that. I've had my share with Chloe when she reacts or says something in such a way that God uses it to completely change my mood around. Hope you got most of the stains out!