Monday, April 12, 2010

10 steps

Today I came to the end of my pregnancy induced funk. Something snapped and I just started going nuts. It was like the fog cleared out of my brain and I was back to myself again. I was cleaning, doing laundry, washing dishes and who knows what else. It was so refreshing to be back to normal. I realized how short I've fallen from being the wife and mother I should be. Starting today, I am putting these 10 steps into place to help me get back to where I need to be. My wonderful family has been so patient with me but I am sorry to say I've been making them suffer (weather they are aware of it or not!). Here are my 10 "steps".

1. Read my Bible everyday (said with head hung low as I have NOT been consistent with this lately)
2. Read to each of my kids everyday
3. Get going again on Gavin's 100 reading lessons - sadly we are only half way through
4. Exercise, take my prenatal vitamins and eat a better diet - all in hopes of gaining more energy
5. Play with each of the kids individually every day
6. Get up and shower before the kids are up - this one might kill me
7. Spend 20 minutes power cleaning every day
8. Iron Ryan's clothes for work
9. Make sure the kitchen is clean before I go to bed every night
10. Be more consistent with the kids chores - they are so much happier when they know what to expect.

There it is! My ten steps to being a better wife and mother. I am sure most of you are already doing those things. I used to, but ever since I've been pregnant I have not "felt" like doing it. Well, that's no excuse! Even if I don't feel like it this week, I am going to accomplish these things!

What are the chores you don't feel like doing and how do you power through? Cheer me on!

2 comments:

The Blondeback Blog said...

Very inspiring! I'll do the steps with you--getting up before the little one will be the hardest for me, too!

the johnson crew said...

great steps... i am not pregnant, but they were really helpful and practical.

i have been in a "funk" too since we moved to wisconsin and have been living in a small apartment for the past six months. i just don't feel too motivated... and i can't stand feeling this way. my house has never been this messy and yesterday when Jason was preaching i noticed how wrinkled his clothes were... poor guy... i gotta find that iron - or at least buy him some wrinkle free clothes. :)

you are amazing mom. you are doing a great job.

blessings, janelle