Friday, April 16, 2010

Progress Report

Well, I had some successes and some failures when fleshing out my 10 step plan. I'll start with my failures and get them out of the way!

I did NOT get up before my kids everyday. It turns out, I think it would kill me. I don't even feel bad about this failure. I'm over it.

I also did not "power clean" everyday. I planned on cleaning one room really well each day. I did do it one day. I cleaned the bathroom. It was so sparkly and I loved it. But the other days, it just didn't work out.

Now, on to my successes! Yay!

I was better at getting into the word. Although, I am still not where I want to be. I'm a work in progress on this point.

I did exercise five out of the last six days. I've been putting the kids in the bike trailer and taking them on three (or so) mile bike rides. It has been great. It's the best thing I can do for myself right now. I have SO much more energy, I don't need a nap during the day and I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, not groggy! The best part was that I took a tip from Katie and downloaded some sermons from here and here on my ipod and listened to them while I rode. What encouragement for my heart!

I also did great with the kids. With all of my new energy: I was more patient, more willing to play with them, read to them, more consistent and the list goes on and on. We have lots of sticker charts going on now in our house. Chore charts, reading charts and a pink chart just for Charlotte so she doesn't feel left out! She loves to put those stickers on just like her brother - even if she has no idea what they are for.

My kitchen has never looked better every morning. It's so nice to make breakfast in a clean kitchen!

And, Ryan has not had to iron his own clothes (don't ask my about his lunches, though!) this week!

So, that is my progress this week. I'm sure you don't care. But I thought since I posted my steps, I should at least post my progress.

What are you working on these days?

3 comments:

kellyH said...

awesome job! I can't believe you can ride a bike & pull while prego. that takes talent. :)
my challenge is taking consistent time in the word as well. Some weeks are great, others, not so much.
I love just the fact that it is warm out and so G & I are often outside and getting exercise. That alone gives me so much more energy. I have been able to get so much more done during his naptime then!

jeileenbaylor said...

It's good for me to hear others goals and their struggles, failures, and triumphs! It reminds me to keep with my goals. I am working on:

1. Picking up the ktichen before bed as well
2. Making my lunch before bed (now I have to try to get tim's done too!
3. Trying to get in the word more - struggling with this one
4. Going for a long walk with Maddy (and Tim if he is home)
5. Trying to eat more fresh and healthy foods
Let's keep up the good fight!

Katie said...

Great job on your successes!!! I know how hard it is to do those things with 2 kids and one in progress. :)

I'm thrilled you've downloaded some sermons - especially of David Sunday's. Just an FYI, his wife Kate was diagnosed with stage 4 thymoma cancer - extremely rare with no cure yet - in early Feb. His sermons in January & February are so powerful, especially in light of that. Her caringbridge site is here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katesunday. She's such a godly woman, and her journals are so encouraging. :) You might enjoy looking at them.

Keep up the good work!