Saturday, April 17, 2010

Upcoming Vacation!!!

Well, not really a vacation at all. I am having surgery on Monday to have my gall bladder removed. It has gotten really bad lately and they want to remove it so that I don't get an infection in my liver or gall bladder. I have been on this low fat, no fun diet for the last month and it hasn't even helped. I am still experiencing gall stones. This is normally an out patient surgery, but since I am pregnant they are keeping me overnight to monitor me. I was joking with a friend that it's like a vacation for me. She thought that was pretty pathetic that I would consider surgery a vacation. I just thought, "no kids, peace a quiet, sounds like a vacation to me!"

In all seriousness, please pray for me if you think of me. I know this is routine and they actually do it quite a bit on pregnant women. But there are still risks involved. Please pray that our little one stays safe and that my recovery will be quick! I will need to get back on that bike!

3 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Praying all goes well friend! Hope you can get some rest after the surgery and enjoy a worry-free mini vacation!

kellyH said...

will be praying that it goes well! I totally understand the vacay thing. :) enjoy your peace & quiet!

jeileenbaylor said...

I will be praying for you and if you need ANYTHING please let me know!