Friday, April 09, 2010

Gavin Talk

He was watching a commercial one day and he came up to me and said, "MOM! That lady on t.v. told me I should buy these girly things and I really don't want to! Why did she tell me that?"

We were riding in the car one day and he told me, "I can't wait till I grow up so that I can honk at people when I drive!" Can you tell his dad is a true city driver?

We often call Charlotte our ragamuffin and sometimes we call her "rags" for short. I heard him comforting her one day like this, "It's okay, rags. Don't worry. It's okay."

I was getting ready in the bathroom one day and I was puffing my bangs. Gavin stopped to check it out and he said, "If you had a bump it, it would be much better. You go from flat, to up!" Have you seen those commercials?

Gavin loves to sit on the window sill and look outside. When the first snowflakes started to fall at the beginning of the winter Gavin looked at me and whispered, "OH! It's winter now!" It could have been a hot chocolate commercial or something. It was too cute.

He was playing in the bath one day and he called me in there to see something. When I got in there he was using Buzz Lightyear as Jesus and he was walking on water.

I asked Gavin what I am going to do next year when he is at school. He said, "Oh don't worry mom, you'll just get used to it!"

I've been really bad about writing down his funny quips lately. I feel like I haven't done one of these posts in so long! I hope to be better about it. I can't wait until Charlotte starts talking and I can start a "Charlotte talk"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS! your Gavin sounds like such a fun and sweet character. We don't watch regular tv much but I can just picture Gavin's reactions to those silly commercials. What a joy he must be to you!

jeileenbaylor said...

Oh my word - these always crack me up! My favorite was the first one -haha - died laughing - and of course I shared them with Tim and we both got a good laugh!