Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gavin

Gavin is cracking us up, as always. He is ALWAYS talking. He talks just to hear his own voice. He asks questions that don't make sense or that he already knows the answer to. I think that the following routine happens almost every day: "How old am I?" "How old is Charlotte?" "How old is no one?" "Does God have an age?" Just today I said, "Gavin, please stop asking me questions." He looked at me and said, "What? You don't want to talk to me?" That was a dagger to the heart!

One of his new favorite things is numbers. He loves them and is trying to understand everything about them. He wants to know how many of everything there is. How many stars, how many people in a room, how many cars he has, how many pieces of chicken are on his plate. It goes on and on. . . The other day he was counting and I heard the number Fivety five. Yeah, that's right, fivety five not fifty five. It was too cute!

Gavin has also been very interested in the gospel lately. He is really asking good questions (and some funny ones). I can see God really working in his little heart. Everyday he is talking about sin, Christ on the cross, his heart and even Hell. In church they were going over the wordless book. Gavin told me, "first your heart is black, then it's red, then its white and then it is green." He told me what each color meant, too. Of course he thinks that your actual heart turns those colors, but at least its a start! It's so fun to watch his mind piece everything together.

I am thanking God daily for the gift He gave me almost five years ago!

Driving the boats at Navy Pier

1 comment:

christina said...

everything you said to describe gavin makes me think of connor. they would be buds for sure.