Saturday, October 24, 2009

Keep Away

Sometimes I feel like my days consist of one big game of Keep Away from Charlotte. She is eating paper out of the garbage can, ripping pages out of books, eating any tiny morsel she can from the kitchen floor, the list goes on and on. I had to ban Gavin from getting the Lego's out. There were just too many close calls. This did not go over too well. It really stunk for me too b/c Lego's can occupy this kid for hours. Well, the other day I had a great idea. The one place Charlotte can't get to is up on my bed. I spread a bit blanket out over the top of the bed and put the Lego's on it. That way, Gavin can play up there all he wants with out being bothered by our little destroyer! At the end of the day I just gather up the corners of the blanket and put it on the floor. It is also great motivation for me to make my bed everyday!

2 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Nice plan!

Kelly Hughes said...

another genius mom idea. :)
I feel your pain about them getting into everything, we're there too! He has a whole room full of toys but he'd much rather head for the electric sockets, cords, shelves, books, etc...!! they certainly know what they want. :)

(Kelly)