Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Third Party

Ryan is doing this District Management internship with Starbucks. It lasts 10 weeks and we are in the middle of it. I'm not going lie, the pay increase has been great! HOWEVER, we now have this third party in our marriage. THE WORK PHONE. I rarely complain about it, as I know this is an incredible opportunity for Ryan (he was chosen over 150 other managers or something like that). I seriously can't wait till the internship is over and this phone goes away.

It interrupts me mid conversation

It buzzes in the middle of the night (because you know reports about Frappucinos are oh so important)

It rings every night as I am making dinner and trying to coral the kids at the same time.

It CAN'T BE IGNORED

It goes everywhere with us

It has e mail capabilities so it's like carting the computer around everywhere we go, too!

Okay, I got it out of my system. Thanks for listening. I'm over it now! I am SO thankful that Ryan has a job, a really good job, and that he is moving up within his company.

2 comments:

Katie Barker said...

I understand - some times we need to just vent and get it out of our systems! (hahaha)

the johnson crew said...

i have a thing or two i would like to vent about as well.

the phone ringing at the most inconvenient time sounds like my husbands job and he is a pastor. :)