Monday, May 11, 2009

Gavin Talk!



1. We were playing swords the other day and Gavin said, "I dangerous - ed you!"


2. He is constantly worried about his hair and will say a million times a day, "Is my hair sticking up?"


3. This is my favorite conversation as of late.
Gavin: When I get bigger, I am going to drive you and daddy to church
Me: wow, that will be cool.
Gavin: And when we get there I will be your teacher
Me: You want to teach at church?
Gavin: Yeah, I want to be the Head teacher, the one who teaches everyone
Me: So, you want to be the pastor?
Gavin: I sure do, mom!



4. While we were riding in the car . . .
Gavin: I don't think Charlotte knows about Jesus.
Me: No, she doesn't know yet.
Gavin: I will tell her!
Me:Okay
Gavin: (matter of fact) Charlotte, Jesus died on the cross for our sins. They nailed him to the cross and it hurted him. Then, he rose again.
(in amazement) He put mud on someones eyes and then he could see!
(concerned voice)And Charlotte, some people walked on dry land and some people drowned (the parting of the Red Sea).




5. "Hey mom, let my people go!"



6. Every season change it is a little bit of a battle to get Gavin used to wearing short sleeves or long sleeves. I was trying to get him to wear a short sleeve shirt and I was comparing the shirt to mine. I said, "See bud, my shirt has short sleeves. Don't you like it?" Then he says, "Yes I do, it's cute! I like it because it's so greeny! Can I have long sleeves?"



7. "Your baby is so cute!"



8. "I LOVE babies"

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it!!! It's so fun to watch them grow, isn't it? Aaron is SOOOOOO dramatic - makes everyone laugh. :-)

Katie Barker said...

Ah - he is such a cutie! It was great to see the three of you on Saturday!

jeileenbaylor@gmail.com said...

Love it, love it, love it - tim and I were laughing so hard reading these. I'll admit it - I was crying I was laughing so hard :)

Julie