Thursday, May 07, 2009

OUCH!!

So, last night I experience the most horrific pain. It was bad. My upper abdomen was throbbing. I was pacing the house, trying to make myself throw up and whatever else I could think of doing to make it stop. Finally, I had to wake Ryan up. He suggested we go to the ER. We packed up the kids and went! It was 1 a.m. Boy was I glad that Charlotte sleeps through the night doesn't need to eat! That was such a blessing. Gavin was a little concerned. He told me that I probably just needed to eat something and then my tummy would feel better. What a sweet boy. Once we got there, he curled up in the waiting room and went to sleep. Charlotte was still zonked. I got in pretty quickly. Probably had something to do with my tears and the fact that the registration guy thought I was going to vomit on him. He was a little shifty. They asked me all kinds of questions and offered to give me morphine - sounded good! By the time they came back with it, an hour or so later I was feeling MUCH better. They wheeled me to ultrasound. I always see people on t.v. getting wheeled around the hospital in their beds and never thought twice about it. I felt like I was on a roller coaster or in a video game. It was insane! I was trying not to laugh. They did the ultrasound, confirmed I have gallstones and discharged me (after about two hours of waiting in between). I will probably have to get my gall bladder removed sometime in the near future. I want to wait until I am done nursing. Let's hope they do not return in the mean time. If they do, I am armed with vicodin (for me) and some frozen milk (for Charlotte). I've never taken anything more than a Tylenol for pain before, so I hope the vicodin doesn't make me too loopy! Please keep me in your prayers. Pray that this DOES NOT happen again. They told me it was pretty common for women in my age bracket who have had children recently. I was also told that I have to eat a low fat diet. Now I can't have coke OR fatty food. I better at least get skinny after all of this!

5 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry! I'm going to start a prayer list tonight, and you're going on it. I hope I can still see you at the Swap Party on Saturday.

christina said...

oh, my goodness, suzanne! i feel so bad for you. after meg i had those horrible kidney stones... it felt like labor all over again-- with no baby at the end!! i don't know what gall stones feel like, but i'm sure they can't be good. i know morphine is a good good thing though. :) i hope you don't have that happen again.

kellyH said...

oh man, suz, that sounds AWFUL! I will pray that you don't have a return episode!

Mike and Nicole said...

crazy, kate just told me this last night and I was feeling pretty bad for you. I hope you don't get it again before you get that gall bladder out. YIKES!

Jenny said...

I hope you are feeling better now! That stinks! I have to admit your last line made me spontaneously laugh out loud.