Sunday, June 28, 2009

Advice taken

I just wanted to thank all your moms who gave me some advice about Charlotte and her hectic schedule. Even some of the "non" advice helped. She is back to normal now, thankfully. I think it was a combination of several things. I think she was definitely hungry and had hit a growth spurt. I also think my milk wasn't meeting her demand. I had really slacked off on eating right and enough. I think one day I even skipped breakfast and replaced it with four cups of coffee. So, I started eating like crazy, pumping after each feeding and drowning myself in water. It worked. I started flowing like the river Jordan after two days. Charlotte was loving it! It did take her several days after that to settle back into sleeping through the night again. I am glad I didn't have to let her cry it out. I had to do that with Gavin. I remember laying outside his bedroom and crying right along with him. It is so hard for me to eat what I should and as much as I should. I feel like I am eating every spare minute.
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. I knew I could count on my bloggy buds to jump in and help me out! My happy, happy girl is back and we are all getting the sleep we need!

2 comments:

Jenny (Parker) Pittsley said...

Great news! I was just thinking of you and was considering writing to find out how you guys were doing. I'm so glad you solved the problem and you all are happier now. And just think: you probably enjoy your sleep more now than you did before!

kellyH said...

I was going to ask you about this & the diaper thing - I am SO glad to hear that the eating thing worked out. that had to be so frustrating!! I am so glad you are LOVIN' the diaper thing. it really isn't as intimidating as you might think it will be, is it!! awesome, I am glad to hear those 2 great updates.