Saturday, June 06, 2009

Gavin's can of sticks


When Charlotte was born, I knew it was going to be an adjustment for Gavin. He was going to need some things to look forward to, some things to do on his own and also some special time with mamma. He's had me all to himself for four years! Well, he made the adjustment a lot better than I ever could have imagined. I think this is one of the things that helped. I made this can with different colored sticks. Written at the bottom of each stick is something different.


The red sticks have activities that Gavin can do on his own while I am busy with Charlotte.

The blue sticks are special activities that Gavin and I can do while Charlotte is napping.

The green sticks are rewards for extraordinary behavior.

Gavin loves getting to pick a stick and see what is at the other end, especially if it is a green stick!

2 comments:

Katie Barker said...

What a cool idea. I want to know what's on the other end of the sticks too. You'll have to post some of your ideas!

jeileenbaylor said...

What a wonderful idea - I definitely might steal that when Maddy had a little brother or sister :)