Sunday, June 28, 2009

Diaper Challenge

Some of you may also know that I have been having major diapering issues with Charlotte. There doesn't seem to be a diaper out there that can contain her massive poops. Well, let me rephrase that - There doesnt seem to be a diaper out there that I am willing to pay for that can . . . well, you know the rest.
I am washing out her clothes in the bath tub at least once a day. It is maddening. So, I decided that since I was doing that anyway, I was going to go the cloth diaper route! I've been wanting to do it for awhile but never had the guts to. It's actually pretty trendy here in Chicago. I was pretty shocked to see how much they can cost, though. I put out some e mails to two of my cloth diapering blogger friends and took the plunge! I even scored some BumGenious 3.0 pocket diapers off of craigslist! I was pumped about that. Anyway, I have LOVED using the cloth diapers. I thought it would be fine, but a little inconvienient. I was wrong. It feels the same to me. It is easy and I am so gald I did it. It just adds another reason to my list titled "How to convince Ryan to have more babies".

Here is a picture of Charlie in her super cute bummis diaper cover!

3 comments:

kellyH said...

adorable cover!!

The Owens said...

good for you! can you message me on FB and give me the skinny on this? you've peaked my interest. what do i need? what's the initial cost investment? any other tips on cleaning them, etc.? thanks, suz!

Meredith said...

I love cloth diapers! they are so stylish and its great that you don't have to create so much expensive waste. way to go!