Monday, July 06, 2009

28 is great!

I always love my birthday because it falls so close to the 4th. There is always a lot going on. This year was no different! We started on Wednesday when Ryan took me shopping and spoiled me a bit! That was fun.

On Thursday, my actual birthday, we went out to eat downtown and did some more shopping. I bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans with a gift card from my sweet mamma. I really like them, too! I was surprised.



Gav took this one!

On Friday Ryan had to work, but when he got home we headed to the zoo for a couple of hours. We always love a good trip to the zoo!






On Saturday it was rainy, so we opted for an indoor activity and headed to the Museum of Science and Industry. There were some new exhibits that we hadn't seen before. Saturday night we headed to church were both Ryan and I were serving in the Children's ministry. We had made plans to see some fireworks that night with some friends, but the weather wasn't cooperating. By the time we got home, though, all the rain had cleared up and it was a very nice night. Ryan and Gavin walked down to the elementary school where there was a small, but good fireworks display. Gavin LOVED it.


I just love Gavin's face in this picture. What a party pooper. I don't think we've taken ONE good family picture since Charlotte was born.

"The Earth Ball" as Gavin calls it

Lovin' on my boy!

On Sunday we went to the beach, our favorite thing to do! We stayed there for a few hours. I'll have some fun pictures of that later on this week, probably. Ryan was getting pretty creative with the sand creations! Gavin was lovin' it. Sunday night we walked about a mile to a new park. We like to explore all of the neighborhood parks. So far this summer we've discovered two new and totally awesome parks!
It was a busy and super fun filled weekend. I love living in this city! Ryan and I often joke that our lives are like a vacation - the beach, the museums, shopping downtown ! Life couldn't get much better for the Dobbertins!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe you're only 28; what a young lass you are. :) I'm definitely having city-envy reading your blog. Chicago is such a wonderful family friendly city! Except for the crime I suppose. :) Have you ever eaten the legendary Garrett's popcorn? LOVE the cheesy variety.

Katie Barker said...

It does sound like a vacation! what a fun week.