Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gavin Talk!















1. Gavin was wanting to take a coin out of his piggy bank so I asked him which one he wanted, he said, "Just get me the kind with the picture of the crib on it." What?!?!?! The crib on it? Apparently, to a four year old, the Lincoln Memorial looks like a crib.

2. I was asked this question the other day, "Which do you like better, rainbows or farts?"

3. Gavin was trying to do something, I can't even remember what it was, though. Probably build something out of legos. Well, he had this idea in his head, but he couldn't translate it into his building. He was getting very upset and said, "My heart beat might be breaking because I can't figure out my idea." He is just so cute sometimes. It hurt his little heart that he couldn't do what he wanted to do.

4. He is VERY interested in the concept of my sending pictures to family members from my phone. He was trying to figure it out the other day and this was what he thought happened. He said, "Do the pictures go under ground all the way to Michigan and then get in Uncle Jason's phone?" It was so funny. The whole thing is such a mystery to him and I can't figure out how to explain it to him.

5. He told me yesterday, "Jesus gives you money if you do something good." Is that how it works? Don't worry, I set him straight.

6. He will often use our words against us. He wasn't trying to be disrespectful or anything, but we were playing and he asked me which toy I wanted. Then he changed his mind and said, "You git what you git, and you don't throw a fit."

7. Okay, this one is awful and I am ashamed of it, but here it is anyway. Gavin wanted me to get something for him, but I was busy. He responded with, "If you get it for me I will give you a surprise!" I wonder where he learned the concept of bribery from . . .

No comments: