Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rice Cereal


So, I caved into some peer pressure and fed the girl some cereal against the Doctors advice. I gave it to Gavin at like four months, so at five months, I thought it would be fine. She seemed to like it. She's been gazing longingly at our food for quite some time. She ate the entire bowl that I made (which was like one Tablespoon full). All seemed to be fine. Then I put her to bed at her normal time - 7:30. She was up at 8:30, 9:45, 1:00, 3:30, and 5:00. She always went back to bed after she woke up. I did nurse her at the 9:45 and 5:00 awakenings. I think our little Charlotte may be telling me to wait a little bit longer on the baby food!

1 comment:

My Kids Mom said...

Suzanne - I fed Sam, cereal at about 4.5 months and the same thing happened. Our child, who had slept through the night for months, woke up EVERY hour on the hour...it was awful! We skipped it for a week or so and then started giving it to him in the morning and that seemed to make the difference. The other boys were 6 months or so before I even tried and even then I gave it to them in the am...hope that helps a bit.