Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to the grind - day 2

Today was not quite as productive as yesterday. Still, I was up and showered by 8:00 again. I did some light cleaning this a.m. while the kids played. Gav and I did school during C's 1st nap. We made a paddle steamer - we are learning about steam powered machines. Gavin loved it and it was a fun craft for us. It was nice just crafting and talking about different steam machines and looking up how they work.

I had to wake C up from her nap b/c we had to go to Gavin's swim class.
After that, we ate lunch in the car on our way to the Library to renew my card. Apparently it's something you have to do every 2 years. I have never lived anywhere long enough to have to renew one before! We ran into one of Gavin's buddies from swim class, so we hung out there for awhile. Then we ran to the grocery store for a few odds and ends that I forgot this weekend. We headed home where Charlotte crashed and Gavin and I worked on reading. Much better today (thank you, Lord!)!

Once Ryan got home, I was able to work on my second project for this week. I messed it up royally and Ryan had to come to my rescue. He had to sand and repaint part of it. He even used my blow dryer to speed up the drying process so that I could redo the finishing touches. It's a bow holder for my niece, Jayne. It still needs one last coat of decoupage and I'd like to make a few more bows to hang on it. But, it is just about done! I hope she loves it! I had a blast making it.






After dinner we just all hung out. Gavin and I played Animal Crossing on the Wii. It's our new obsession. It's so much fun! Well, that was my day 2 of getting back on track and back to schedule. I can see why I needed that extended holiday. My life is exhausting!

No comments: