Monday, January 25, 2010

Miserable weekend

What a miserable weekend the Dobbertin's had! I was home with Charlotte every minute. I was so bored. Ryan took Gavin to the Shedd Aquarium on Saturday morning and then to work with him. When they got home, Ryan said that Gavin wouldn't eat lunch and needed a nap. He fell asleep on the couch and woke up with a 102.2 fever! I thought he had what Charlotte had. Then, we woke up at 2:00 a.m. to "Mom! I threw up! (BLAGH!) MOM! I'm throwing up!" Ryan camped out on the couch with him for the rest of the night. I was up with Charlotte for a few hours in the early morning. Ryan let me nap the rest of the morning while he hung out with Gav and fed him toast for breakfast. He kept it down. Later we gave him some pretzels. He did not keep those down. Charlotte is doing much better. I had a hard time keeping up with her last night and all of her mischievous ventures. She is one crazy kid. Currently she is nosing through the trash can looking through the discarded newspaper . . .

We have a lot to do this week in preparation for our trip to Michigan,Charlotte's birthday party, and Ryan's trip to Costa Rica. On top of that, Ryan has to have a procedure done today to see what is wrong with him. They are thinking he has an ulcer. We have to pick him up downtown this afternoon once it is over. I'm exhausted already! I hope Charlotte kicks this nasty habit of waking up from 4-5:30. It's really cramping my style!

So tired and feeling yucky! She passed out here on Gavin's bean bag chair.

1 comment:

kellyH said...

sounds like a very un-fun weekend. :( hope everyone is recovered!