Monday, January 18, 2010

Back to the Grind

I started off my week with a bang! Actually, it all started last night. I decided to page through my Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Half of the magazine was about organizing!!! I looked at it for five minutes and was rearing to go after that. It was all the motivation I needed to get me out of my post holiday funk!

After everyone was in bed, I cleaned out the bathroom closet and reorganized everything in it. It was awesome! I threw away expired medicines, old curling irons that I haven't used since 1999, yucky nail polish and the list goes on and on. It felt great to get that accomplished.

I was still feelin' it this morning when I got up (despite a random 4 am wake up call from Charlotte). I was showered and ready to go by 8:00! I loaded up the kiddos and ran a few errands and was home by 10:00 to put Charlotte down for her 1st nap. Gavin and I dove right into school and had art class. We were learning to paint trees from different view points - up close, far away, aerial. He did awesome! I may have a little artist on my hands! After a little instruction, he went to town and busied himself with it for a good 1/2 hour.


While he was doing that, I started to work on one of my projects. I ended up finishing it! It's for Charlotte's 1st birthday party. I can't wait to see her in it!

I got the shirt for $4 at Khol's and the tutu was pretty inexpensive to make (thanks to a few trips to Joann's with a 40% off coupon).

During Charlotte's 2nd nap of the day, I was able to reorganize most of the kids toys and Gavin's art supplies. Everything had been in Charlotte's room and I could NEVER remember to get something out for Gavin before she went to bed.


We also did work on Gavin's reading. It was tough! He had such a bad attitude about it. We had to stop so many times to correct his behavior. It was so sad. I mostly was sad b/c I know that if I had just stuck with it, he wouldn't have been in a funk at all.





All in all a very productive day! I decided that since I got so much accomplished that I should add one more task to my week. I am going to organize my pantry one day. I may regret this later, but oh well. I hope to report more progress tomorrow. For tonight, I have one load of laundry to fold (did I mention I did two loads of laundry today?) and then I am going to bed!

3 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I love days like that! Good for you!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Way to be so productive! Wish I could get that motivated. It does get harder to start and accomplish projects now that Clive only naps once in the afternoon.

Sorry to hear about your reading troubles. :( That's so frustrating. We've started and stopped many times for the same reasons. We're on a reading high right now though. Hoping God helps it last!

Katie Barker said...

sounds like such a great day! Way to go.