Thursday, January 21, 2010

Swim Class

Gavin is a little timid in the water. He is scared he is going to drown or something. I signed him up for swim lessons at one of our parks and rec. centers. He was really nervous the first time we went. The second time, he was fine! The night after his third class he actually thanked God for swim class in his prayer! It is so fun to watch his progress. The class meets once a week and goes all the way through March. I can't wait to see how well he is doing by then!

Gavin on the "island"


The instructors name is Ed and one of the moms told me she thought he looked like Drew Peterson. I thought that was funny!


And here's Charlotte confined to the stroller. I wont let her out for fear she'll jump right in. This girl is afraid of NOTHING!

2 comments:

christina said...

it's like you just described connor and meg. connor was timid with his pool skills for a while. meg wants to put her face in immediately... every time we're near water. :) of course, now connor has gained the confidence and scares me with his jumping in skills. :) i thought about doing swim lessons w/lisa colomina. do you think it was more beneficial for his skills or just for a fun energy release?

suzanne said...

I think it is def. helping him feel more comfortable in the water and he is learning some good skills. We've only been to three classes and I can see his progress already. It is a great energy release as well and it gets us out and Gavin just loves being with other kids his age.